Friday 13 June 2014

Review: Murad Balance and Protect Travel Kit



It's that time of year now where a lot of you are jetting off somewhere rather lovely on your summer breaks (Lucky you! No holiday for me till September!) and are faced with the dilemma of having to squeeze your entire skincare regime into small plastic containers of no more than 100ml total.
To make things a little easier Murad are launching three different travel kits depending on skincare needs which all come ready in a little plastic pouch (which you can then fill with a few more essentials if you want to). The one I've got to show you today is the Balance and Protect Travel Kit aimed at oily and combination skin.


First up you get five of the Clarifying Wipes for blemish-prone skin. The great thing about these is that as they're individually wrapped they won't dry out and are perfectly moist every time you open one. They also won't eat away at your liquid allowance if you want to take them in your hand luggage. While face wipes might not be the greatest way of cleansing your skin, they won't hurt for a long weekend or so, and I found these to be really, really effective. They did sting a little on my sensitive eyes, so if your eyes get a little dry from time to time I'd recommend packing a separate eye make-up remover.


Next up is this little 10ml tube of Oil-Control Mattifier, the hero product in this kit if you ask me. Where was this when I was going through puberty?? It's the first mattifying moisturiser I've tried that really does what it promises and keeps shine completely at bay for several hours. While my skin doesn't really get that oily anymore these days, hot summer weather always brings out shiny sweat-face (mmmmh, attractive), and this does an amazing job at keeping heat damage to a minimum while still providing enough moisture. I can actually feel my skin tighten a little bit after applying this, but it's by no means an unpleasant sensation. I've been using my sample for just over a week now and I've still got plenty left, so this should be enough even for longer holidays.


The final product is this 5ml container of the Skin Perfecting Primer in Dewy Finish. The funny thing is that I once got a sample of this in a beauty box and I absolutely hated it, but this second time around I'm really fond of it. I remember it turning my face bright orange at first, but it doesn't really do that anymore at all. Maybe I had a dodgy sample or maybe they've changed the formulation? Or maybe my skin changed? Either way, while I wouldn't rely on this for tint alone, it works really well layered over the moisturiser to give my foundation enough slip to apply easier but still have something to grip to. My make-up also seems to hang around for 2-3 hours more than usual.

This is really a rather lovely little kit and I actually think it would be absolutely perfect if you're going to any outdoor festivals, where having access to running water can be a tad tricky and you don't have anywhere to reapply make-up or powder your face all day.

There will also be a Smooth and Soften Travel Kit to tackle fine lines and wrinkles and a Youthful You Travel Kit for firming and brightening skin. They will all be £10 each, which I think is great value for the quality of skincare that you get.

They launch on Sunday, June 15th exclusively in Marks & Spencer stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment