Friday 6 June 2014

Review: e.l.f. Blending Eye Brush


I've mentioned in a recent review that I find elf brushes to be a bit hit and miss. Turns out, this one is a slight exception to the rule, depending on what you're after. Like most elf brushes, this one's amazingly well made considering the price. It's not going to last all your life, but I've had it several months now and despite frequent washing it still holds up well without any shedding or without the metal barrel coming loose. But just like the blush brush which I reviewed last month, the problem with this brush is its density.


The hairs are stiff and dense and for that reason blending is certainly not what this brush is good at - unlike the name would suggest! But that doesn't mean that I don't frequently use it and enjoy doing so. I find the dense hairs work really well at picking up loose pigment and packing it onto the lid without too much fallout. I also don't have any other brushes in my collection with a similar shape and while the rounded tip hugs the crease of my lid very nicely, I do need to use another brush for blending unless I'm using a very light colour.

At £1.95 a pop this is an absolute bargain and you really can't complain - just don't use it for it's intended purpose!

No comments:

Post a Comment