Tuesday 18 February 2014

Face of the Day #02


Time for another Face of the Day post! I'm currently sporting a golden-bronze eye with a matching shimmery nude lip. The Rimmel eye shadow used to be a firm favourite of mine, but then got shoved to the back of my make-up collection, so it was about time to dig it back out. I bought it after seeing Lisa Eldrdige recommending it for people with blue eyes in one of her videos. And I couldn't agree more, it really does make my eye colour pop! A few of these items, such as the Artdeco brow gel and the Omorovicza BB Cream are on their last legs, so I'm making sure to use them every day until they're ready to be chucked and/or replaced.



FACE/BASE

Desperate to squeeze out the last little bits in the bottle, I started off by smoothing the Omorovicza Complexion Perfector BB SPF 20 all over my face using my hands. I find that the thick texture can drag a little if you're using a brush, so finger tips are definitely the way forward with this one! I then used a flat concealer brush to apply the Seventeen Phwoarr Paint in Fair under my eyes and on two blemishes around my mouth. This stuff is absolutely amazing and gives insane coverage for a drugstore product - it's got a firm place in my list of favourites! I then set my make-up with the Rimmel Stay Matte powder - the one I showed in my last FOTD post has sadly crumbled to dust, so this one is my back-up powder. To finish off, I applied a swish of MAC Iridescent Powder in Golden Bronze on my cheeks for a hint of blush and highlight all in one. The pot is huge and I can't imagine ever running out of this even if I used it every day for the rest of my life!

EYES

For my eyebrows I used the same procedure as always: First defined them with my HD Brows palette in Foxy, then set them with the Artdeco Clear Lash & Brow gel. There can't be more than about a week's worth left in the tube, so I'm gonna have to look for a replacement product pretty soon. Any suggestions?
As always I primed my lids with my trusted MAC Paint Pot in Painterly and then packed on the Rimmel Glam'Eyes Mono Shadow in Spicy Bronze, before blending out the edges with a fluffy blending brush. With my pinky finger I added a sparkly gold eye shadow from my big Sephora palette (not shown) in the inner corners of the eyes. I then applied the L'Oreal Contour Khol in Iced Chestnut to the lower and upper waterline for a bit of added definition. As I was feeling a bit lazy I couldn't be bothered to curl my eye lashes and just applied my A La Carte Cosmetics Divine Lash Mascara in Black straight away. I got this one in last month's Love Me Beauty Box and it has become a firm favourite ever since!

LIPS

On my lips I added a touch of shimmer and shine with the Elizabeth Arden High Shine Lip Gloss in Golden Pearl.

No comments:

Post a Comment