Wednesday 29 August 2012

Lush Rub Rub Rub Review

I have to admit, I'm kind of starting to warm to Lush slowly. I'd only tried a couple of bath bombs in my early teens and then refused to enter another Lush store due to the overwhelming scent battles going on in there. I also didn't really fancy washing myself with a colourful block of something or brushing my teeth with powder or whatever other weird stuff was going on in there.
But, I thought I'd give them another chance and I have to say that so far I haven't been disappointed.


Rub Rub Rub is a body scrub made with sea salt and lemon juice. In isolation outside the shop the scent is actually rather gorgeous. Nothing for anybody with a sensitive nose who'd prefer an unscented product, of course, as it is fairly strong. Even though I usually prefer fruity and sweet smells, I really like the freshness of this. It literally does smell like seaside and lemons.


The packaging unfortunately isn't ideal. Nothing against the design - it's very typically Lush with the black tub and the white blackboard writing. The problem is that it leaks. The lid doesn't screw on properly, so every time it falls over you'll have a seasalt-lemony mess on your hands. Even when I kept it upright I could notice little smear marks going down the side where some product had leaked through. That's definitely something to sort out!


In the shower it does provide a lovely scrubbing sensation, though I'd criticise that the salt melts away a little too quickly, so you've got to either use loads, or only use tiny amounts at a time. Personally, I do like a rough body scrub, but if you prefer something gentle, then the melting of the salt crystals is actually a positive.
As it also contains some oils it will leave your skin moisturised and those who don't suffer dry body skin like I do can easily get away with skipping the body lotion afterwards. Having said that, it does not leave an oily film on your skin like some other scrubs do (not that I mind that, anyway).
Even though it's a vegan product, so mostly free of nasties, it does contain some SLS which means that it foams a little bit on application. Personally, I could have easily done without the foaming and without the sulphates, but that's just my opinion I guess.

Overall, a very nice product with a heavenly smell, though I'd mark it down on packaging and I could do with the crystals not melting so quickly. But it has helped me overcome my Lush-phobia and maybe I'll even try another one of their body scrubs once this pot is used up!

Rub Rub Rub Shower Scrub is available online or in Lush stores. It retails at £7.95 for a 330g pot.

No comments:

Post a Comment