Tuesday 10 December 2013

Review: Rimmel Scandaleyes Lycra Flex Mascara

Here's a fun fact: I'm a little bit known for buying things for absolutely ridiculous reasons. The reason I bought this mascara? The packaging was bright green. I like bright green things.

Rimmel_Scandaleyes LycraFlex1

You certainly wouldn't have to worry about it getting lost in your make-up stash among the tubes and boxes of predominantly black and perhaps silver!

Rimmel_Scandaleyes LycraFlex2

Anyway, for me there is rarely a mascara that I will repurchase - there are about three that are my all time favourites, but being a beauty blogger there's just too many new ones to discover all the time!

Rimmel_Scandaleyes LycraFlex3

To cut a long story short, this was a rather average mascara for me - it did its job, didn't do too bad at it, but I'm definitely not going to buy it again. It gives a decent amount of length and volume to the lashes, but nothing that really blew me away.

Rimmel_Scandaleyes LycraFlex4

The brush is also a little on the larger side which makes it tricky not to smudge any mascara onto your eye lids (especially when you've got shaky hands like me). On the plus side it delivered really nice, black pigment with only minimal flaking during the day. But take a look for yourself.

Rimmel Scandaleyes LycraFlex Before

Me without any mascara. (How do you take pictures of your eyes without squinting? I can't seem to do it!)

Rimmel_Scandaleyes LycraFlex After

Me with Rimmel Scandaleyes Lycra Flex mascara. As you can see there's a little bit of smudging on the bottom eye lid.

I'd say that bright green packaging aside, this is a pretty average mascara. If you're looking for a cheap-ish mascara I'd still recommend MaxFactor False Lash Effect over this one any time, or if you've got some cash to splash, why not try Benefit's They're Real! (the next one I'll be reviewing) or Lancome's Hypnose Doll Eyes?

What are your favourite mascaras?

Rimmel Scandaleyes Lycra Flex mascara retails at £6.99

No comments:

Post a Comment