Tuesday 10 December 2013

NOTD: Models Own Boogie Nights

Boogie Nights1

I think the closer we get to Christmas, the more we all just get cravings for glitter and sparkle. I actually used to hate glitter nail polish, but a stunning Deborah Lippmann polish I received in a Glossybox two years ago changed all that and slowly but surely turned me into a nail polish magpie!

Boogie Nights2

Boogie Nights3

I'm always intrigued by polishes with odd shapes of glitter, as they make for a more interesting and unique effect on the nails, so I was all over this polish as soon as I spotted it.

Boogie Nights4

As much as I love the odd shapes of glitter in this polish and the gorgeous mix of royal blue, red, fuchsia, hot pink and mauve glitter, I feel that the polish to glitter ratio is a tad too high. Upon first application I applied several coats to get the glitter a bit more concentrated, but the polish it's suspended in ended up feeling really rubbery and thick.

Boogie Nights5

In the pictures I've just embraced the sparsely glitterated (technical term) look and applied one coat over MAC's Hyper (sadly a limited edition shade). Beware that Boogie Nights will make the polish underneath look a tad more matte than a regular top coat.

Boogie Nights6

It still makes for a very pretty effect, especially when worn over a shimmery nail polish. Unfortunately the spiky bits of foil do tend to get caught on a lot of stuff quite easily.

Boogie Nights7

On the plus side, it's a lot easier to remove than regular glitter polish due to the smaller concentration of glitter particles. I'd still recommend using the tin foil trick to make your life a lot easier.

Models Own Boogie Nights is part of their Mirrorball collection and retails at £5 each.

No comments:

Post a Comment