Saturday 13 April 2013

What's In My Handbag?

I can't tell you how long I've been itching to do this type of post. Let's be honest, who doesn't love a snoop around other people's things? I sure know I love reading on other girls' blogs what they deem essential enough to carry with them on a day to day basis.
So after I treated myself to a new everyday bag in the River Island sale, now's finally the time!


I've been lusting after this bag for ages, but when I saw it in the sale yesterday for £20 instead of £40, I realised that I just HAD to have it! I love the pastel mint green colour, which instantly says "spring time" to me, toughened up with studs and black leather trims. The thing that I was unsure about the most, was whether or not it would be big enough to hold all the stuff I carry, but it turns out there's more than enough room!


Ready to take a look?


Entertainment

I hate being bored and not utilising every minute waiting or walking around for something entertaining, so I've always got my phone on me, as well as my Urbanears headphones so I can listen to my music. The headphones fold away neatly into a little package whenever I'm done listening, so I don't have to worry about tangly wires. I'm not going to lie - iPhone batteries are shocking and towards the end of the day I'll find myself frantically trying everything I can to preserve battery life.
I also tend to always carry either my Kindle or a travel sized magazine - I just love reading! My Kindle is one of the old versions with electronic ink technology rather than a lit up screen. I actually prefer this one, as reading from bright screens for longer periods always gives me a headache. With this one I can read all day and I'll be fine!


Essentials and random bits

I tend to always have some sort of random leaflets or vouchers flying around in my bag and they're usually in a much worse state than these. These two are actually piercing and tattoo aftercare instructions, which I've kept so I remember the address of the studios where I had my last piercings and my last tattoo done.
My purse is from Accessorize and I instantly fell in love with the forest green quilted suede and the cute owl decoration. What I don't like is that you can't fit too much cash in it, as any more than around five pound coins will make it snap open all the time.
Keys - quite obvious, as without them I wouldn't get into our flat or into my car. My key rings are a mini cuddly lobster, a USB stick and a souvenir from Madame Tussaud's in Blackpool. I've also covered my keys in rubber racoons, just because I can.
Pen and tissues are two things that are always, always, always needed and that I find myself constantly replenishing, as other people tend to use them more than me.
Rizlas. Don't ask me why they're there, considering I don't even smoke. Someone gave them to me once and now I try to get rid of them by giving them out to smokers.
My little calendar is used mainly to write down my work hours and not much else, as I tend to use my phone to keep organised with dates and events.


Beauty bits part I

I never used to carry hand cream with me until I got this cute little mini tub from Atrixo. Now I frequently find myself slathering it on whenever I get a few hands-free minutes, as it works great at instantly relieving dry skin.
That No7 lipstick is from a limited edition spring collection from about 3 years ago, but it's my favourite, most flattering nude ever. You can see it's battered on the outside, as the packaging is made from cardboard, but I love it to pieces, even though it's getting smaller and smaller every day - sob....
The Mickey Mouse lip balm I bought while on holiday in Orlando and I carry it for more of a sentimental reason. As a balm it performs alright-ish, though it does have a lovely strawberry scent.
The red pouch contains three mini sized make-up brushes by Elizabeth Arden (1 powder, 2 eye shadow). I love the fact that you can just seal them in their bag so they don't get mucky or spread powder all around the inside of your hand bag.
Compeed blister plasters are a godsend for anyone who loves shoes that look pretty, but don't feel quite so pretty on the feet.
The Lee Stafford powder is something I'll use in a pinch if my hair has gone terribly flat or greasy. You shake a little on the roots, then use your fingertips to fluff up your mane, much like dry shampoo in a shaker. Unfortunately, it tends to leave a bit of an itchy residue, so I'll only use it in emergencies.
Lemon drops are for those moments when I need fresh breath or just feel like something sweet in my mouth. I usually have a pack of chewing gum in my bag as well, but I've just finished my last one!
My little travel brush comes in handy when the weather is dead set on ruining my hair as soon as I leave the house, or if it's been one of those nights where I was too, errr... "tired" to walk home and crashed at a friend's.
Rimmel Stay Matte powder is absolutely fabulous for touch-ups on the go whenever my skin gets shiny. I find that if I blot beforehand I rarely every need more than one touch-up, no matter how long my day goes on for.
And finally, I have a little Dermalogica pouch to carry small bits in that would get lost otherwise. This came in a Glossybox aaaaaages ago.


Beauty bits part II

We all love the Great British weather - most of the time it rains, but occasionally it doesn't and chances are that when the sun does decide to get out I'll be unprepared. That's why I tend to have a little pump vial of sunscreen on me at all times, cause you never know. Now, wasn't there supposed to be a heat wave coming our way this weekend....???
The nail file is pretty self explanatory - I'm extremely clumsy and tend to catch my nails on pretty much anything once they get past a certain length, so my little glass file helps to do some damage control. The clumsiness also explains the plaster. Actually, I should probably just carry a first aid kit with me at all times, that would probably be the safest options.
The tablets are various pain killers - headaches, period pains, you name it.... if it becomes unbearable, then at least I'm prepared, but again this is something that I give out more than I use myself.
The little gem stone is a bit of a good luck charm - we all have our quirks, don't we?
My little red Clinique gloss came in a magazine ages ago and I keep forgetting that I have it, but it actually feels really lovely on the lips.
Hair pins and rubber bands are for those days when I thought I'd tamed my hair, but it then decides to do its own thing halfway through the day. Or if it suddenly becomes hot. Yeah... no.
And finally my slinky little Agnes B pocket mirror which I must've had for about 10 years but it still looks brand spanking new unlike everything else in my bag. Must be magic.

I hope you enjoyed snooping through my handbag and if you've got a post of this type on your blog then please leave a link below so I can satisfy my curiosity!

No comments:

Post a Comment