Wednesday 25 January 2012

Collection 2000 Pump Up The Volume Mascara Review

I picked up this mascara from Superdrug a while ago, mainly because I didn't want to spend an awful lot of money and I'd also been quite impressed with a lot of Collection 2000 products, such as their infamous Lasting Perfection Concealer and their Cream Puffs.



The packaging of this mascara is actually quite nice. I like the transparent tip and the yellow on black colour scheme. It doesn't exactly look high-end, but it's not tacky either.


This retails at £4.99, though I find that there are often offers on Collection 2000 products and I got mine for a pound less. Unfortunately these do not come sealed, so it took me a while to pick a tube that hadn't already been opened by somebody else.


The brush is curved and very large. Together with the fairly wet formula of this mascara that spells disaster. Application is very tricky and you can pretty much forget about applying this on bottom lashes. I still haven't managed to use it once without getting marks under my eyes. The curve of the wand does not match the curve of my eye which can be one of the main problems with this type of mascara wands. It either fits or it doesn't and unfortunately this one is just too huge and bulky for me!


On my lashes this product gives a fair bit of volume, though it doesn't do a lot to lengthen or curl. Colour-wise it does a really great job, as my lashes are truly deep black after just one swipe. The effect overall doesn't blow me away, but it does make my make-up look more polished and pulled together.

I won't be repurchasing this mascara and the main reason for that is that it just won't stay on. As I already said the formula is quite wet and the first smudges start to appear after about two hours of wear. At the end of the day I end up with the worst panda eyes I've ever had - if I don't wipe up and reapply concealer constantly it even ends up on my nose.

I wouldn't say it's hard to remove at night, as you don't have to rub it to get it off, but be prepared to use up a lot of cotton pads or face wipes - this is something I put down to the mascara's high pigmentation.

It seems that my lucky streak with Collection 2000 products has ended here, though of course that hasn't put me off the brand forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment