Wednesday 9 November 2011

Dermalogica Multi-Active Toner Review

I'm not posting a weekly lust list this week, as quite frankly, there aren't that many things that I'm lusting over at the moment. Instead, I've got a few other posts lined up that I'll hopefully have time to publish before I'm off on holiday next Sunday.


Unlike a lot of people, I'm a fan of toners. I've been using them ever since I had anything that resembled a skincare routine and it would now feel like I'm missing something if I just left this step out.
I bought this well over a year ago and it's only just started to run out! This product claims to be an instant skin hydrator and refresher and that is exactly what it does. It's like a little wake-up spritz for my skin, which is moisturising and refreshing.
The scent, unlike the Dermalogica samples that I got in last month's Glossybox, is quite nice and by no means overwhelming. It sort of smells of freshness.

I'm not too sure about the spray container, however. The great thing is that it thins the product out, so it will last you a fair while - like I said, I've had this for over a year and there's still a little bit left. It costs £25, but you can currently get it for £18.75 from Lookfantastic. That's not a bad price for a Dermalogica product, as they tend to be on the expensive side anyway and it works out quite cheap considering how much use I got out of it. It seems like the spritzing action amplified the refreshing effect this had on my skin, which would make it great to use throughout the day or on long-haul flights.

The problem is that it took quite a while to absorb into my skin and I had to walk around with my hair pinned back for a while before I could apply my moisturiser, as otherwise it would just thin my cream out too much. Some days it would just kind of run down my face and then dribble off my chin. When it started running out the pump wouldn't pick up the bit of product that was left at the bottom, so I unscrewed the top and used it with a cotton pad - THAT was when this toner really came into its own.
It didn't give me a squeaky-clean feeling, but really pushing this into my pores made my skin feel so lush and velvety and soft - not at all sticky, as it sometimes felt after cleansing. I could use my moisturiser straight away and it even sank into my skin better and faster than before!

I'm not repurchasing this at the moment, as I feel that my skin needs something a bit more cleansing at the moment, as my skincare needs have changed slightly, but for normal to dry skin this is highly commendable. There's no alcohol in it, so it won't leave your face tight and burning. It works better if you use it with cotton pads but it will last you longer if you use it as a spray.
I just wish Dermalogica would make a spritzer version and a bottled version (like Liz Earle do with their toners), just so you could choose, as I feel I won't be going back to sprays for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment