Friday 23 September 2011

Review: Liz Earle Daily Eye Repair



Time for the first review on this blog! I decided to go for this eye cream as it is my most recent purchase of a product I haven't tried before. I bought it in John Lewis as I ran out of Cleanse and Polish, another product by Liz Earle which I absolutely adore.

This cream comes in a 10ml tube and costs £13.75. It has an SPF of 10 and light reflecting particles which are supposed to brighten the under-eye area. It also claims to moisturise, protect with anti-oxidants and soothe with vitamin E.

It is very dense, so a little goes a very long way and you'll get a lot of use out of this product. There is a very, very faint herbal smell, but you wouldn't notice until you stick your nose right into the tube.

There are a few people who don't really see the point in eye creams, but personally I am quite a fan, as I suffer from dark circles and like a cream to allow me to go easy on the concealer. Unfortunately, this was a little bit of a disappointment after the sheer amazingness of Cleanse & Polish.

Let's start with the good bits: This is not a bad eye cream. It has a very nice texture and I love that it's not in a rollerball applicator, as they tend to tug my skin a little, making the under-eye shadows only worse. It feels quite light on the skin and sinks in quickly. The SPF is a fantastic idea, as the skin under our eyes is very delicate and with a proven link between UV-exposure and skin ageing I hope that this will help keep wrinkles at bay for another few years.

Unfortunately, the light-reflecting pigments in it do absolutely nothing for me. I've been using it for about two weeks now and have seen no improvement to my dark circles, not even in the short term. I also don't find it moisturising enough for me and it doesn't give me that refreshing feeling of my skin pulling itself together like other creams do.

I don't know if it's going to get any better if I keep on using it, but seeing as there has been no improvement to the skin under and around my eyes whatsoever I somehow doubt it. Seems like I'm going back to Clinique once this one runs out.

2 comments:

  1. I actually got a sample of this with my cleanse and polish last time! I haven't even gotten around to using it properly! I need to dig it out of my bag and give it a shot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's one of the really great things about Liz Earle - every time you order something you get a very generous helping of samples to try out more of their range. It always makes me feel a little bit special.

    ReplyDelete