Monday 24 September 2012

Inglot AMC Cream Blush in Shade 90 Review

Apologies for my absence from the blogging world again lately. The reason is not necessarily the usual life mess, but me and my boyfriend have actually moved into our first own flat not too long ago as well as starting new jobs, so we've been kept busy with settling, deep cleaning and buying exciting things like hoovers, washing machines and chopping boards.

A bit more exciting than chopping boards is the product I'd like to talk about today. It was purchased during an unscheduled visit to Poland (don't even ask) and even though I wasn't meant to spend any money I just couldn't help myself when I saw all those Inglot stand-alone stores and Sephoras.


Most of you will probably know Inglot from their affordable and supposedly great quality pick-your-own eye shadow palettes, but I felt like trying something a little different and as my blush selection isn't particularly big (yet!), I opted for a cream blush.


The packaging of the AMC cream blush is nothing special. The flat little pot is light and screws shut tightly, so it's great for travelling or even just carrying in your handbag for little top ups. It looks neither cheap nor luxurious, but it can be a little bit of a pain to unscrew the lid if you've got slippy fingers (for example because you've just applied a moisturiser). The pot looks tiny, but I was told by the sales assistant that it's extremely pigmented, so a little goes a long way.


And I have to admit, when she said it's pigmented, she really meant it! The first time I tried it I used my fingers and thought I applied light pressure onto the cream, yet ended up picking up way too much product and looked like a clown! All the while I had barely made a mark in the actual pot. Using a duo-fibre brush made getting the right amount out much, much easier.


As great as the pigmentation of this blush is, blending is a little bit of a nightmare. Again, a duo-fibre work made things a lot easier and fairly easily manageable, but blending this with bare fingers is nigh on impossible. It doesn't sink into the skin whatsoever, so whichever intensity you get upon first application is going to stay there. It wore for a good 8 hours on average before beginning to fade, but it did so evenly and without leaving any patches.

Inglot AMC Cream Blush in 90 swatch in day light
Inglot AMC Cream Blush in 90 swatch with flash
The shade I picked is called 90 - such a shame that Inglot couldn't come up with something slightly more imaginative. It's a mid-toned dusky pink which I would imagine would suit a wide variety of skin tones. Paler types like me just need to make sure to go easy on it and not layer it up too much. The colour reminds me a lot of a stronger version of one of my all-time favourite MAC blushers, Mocha.

At £9.00 a pop, these blushers are a steal for a good quality product which is long-wearing and insanely pigmented. I wish Inglot were a little easier to get hold of in the UK and their blusher colour selection is nowhere near as impressive as that of their eye shadows. If, however, I found a shade that really caught my eye and that I was desperate to get, I wouldn't rule out another sneaky little purchase.

Have you tried any Inglot products yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment