Friday 21 February 2014

Review: Marc Jacobs Honey Perfume


I'll start off this post by saying that I didn't want to like this perfume. I've seen dozens upon dozens of blog posts on this one - everybody seems to love it and therein lies the problem. I don't want to smell like everyone.


But when I stumbled into the beauty hall at Selfridges in the search of a new scent, even after I'd smelled so many that they were all merging into one, this perfume still somehow stood out to me. It is pretty much perfect.


The scent is described as having heart notes of orange blossom, peach nectar, apricot, honeysuckle, top notes of pear and juicy mandarin and base notes of honey and golden vanilla. Somehow it manages all that without being overpoweringly sweet or sickly. As a matter of fact, I'm not a fan of honey (even less of the taste than the smell), but in this fragrance it just adds a slight sweetness without losing any of the freshness of the fruitier notes.


Basically, imagine eating a fresh fruit platter on a fragrant summer day. It's a scent that instantly lifts my mood and brightens my day.


Not to mention, the bottle with it's white polka dot design and pearly bee on its lid looks incredibly pretty and girly on my dressing table.

Marc Jacobs Honey comes in three sizes: 30ml for £39, 50ml for £50 and 100ml for £68 - but I found them all a bit cheaper over on Scentstore.

No comments:

Post a Comment